Artist Management Company | Online Part-time Internship
Job Title: Graphic Design Intern
Job Location: Online Internship | Via Skype
The Graphic Design Intern will assist in developing graphics in various forms of media (online, print). Our candidate is someone that is already using graphic design tools on their own (Photoshop, ImageReady, Illustrator) and that has created a presence already for themselves.
Someone that possesses a creative energy for new ideas on how to visually brand our company and clients via various media outlets..
We currently work with three music artists, music composer, a director cinematographer, web design company and recording studio so the tasks and goals of each will vary and change quite a bit.
We are looking for anyone from around the globe that has access to an online connection and camera on their computer to work from home!
All interested candidates must be enrolled in and eligible to receive college credit from an accredited college, educational institution or university. Candidates should possess exceptional computer, excellent written and communication skills. Strong familiarity and a working knowledge of graphic design programs a must (ie. photoshop, image ready, illustrator etc.) Interest in the music industry a MUST! Any other skills you bring to the table are a PLUS!
Internships are unpaid and are only for academic credit only. Ability to work approximately 16-25 hours per week, days and times are flexible.
All applicants will be required to submit proof of enrollment in an accredited college or university internship program.
Qualities we are looking for:
Someone that has tons of energy for what they are doing and is always looking for what we can do next.
Someone who is creative, good at coming up with ideas — willing to take an idea and run with it without a lot of micro-managing.
Someone who can think outside-the-box and help brainstorm new ideas.
Good understanding and passionate about Graphic Design (interested in doing it for yourself too!)
Good Communication Skills
Solid Creative Skills
Top-Notch Social Skills
- Adobe Photoshop is a MUST
- Illustrator | InDesign a plus
- Photography | Video skills a plus
- Writing | Marketing skills a plus
- Social Media skills a plus
Duties Intern Will Perform:
- Graphic design work for products, advertisements, promotions, website, brand development, social media
- Laptop with a built-in camera (Mac or PC is fine) (To be able to communicate during the end of the day to talk about what has been accomplished)
- Internet connection (being able to stay in touch with us at all times during your scheduled work times) via IM & video chat. Although you will be able to work from practically anywhere that means you will have to put in the time.
- Cell phone
- Being able to meet up online via Skype for strategy meetings together once a week or every other week. (Depending on schedules)
- Social Networking friendly.
- New ideas (no matter how silly you think they may be) we want your input ANYTHING GOES!
- Ability to multi-task on several projects at a time.
- People Person
- Hard worker with excellent work ethic (just because you can work from anywhere does not mean you won't put in the work. YOU WILL!)
- Strong attention to detail, very organized and high degree of professionalism
Must be detail oriented, team player and technologically savvy
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
WHAT DO I GET OUT OF IT?
Great opportunity to build your portfolio with real-world projects and gain experience in print, web, advertising, marketing, social media and brand development. PLUS.
- A great reference for your future in the music industry.
- Having a real say and making your ideas count.
- Music industry knowledge.
- Networking and establishing contacts for your future endeavours.
Working with cool people and bands.
- College credit